Notice of Charter Revisions of the Proposed Charter for the City of Essex Junction
After the first Public Hearing on the Charter for the City of Essex Junction on September 28, 2021, the Village Trustees revised the Charter. The following revisions were made:
• On page 1, in section 102, on line 14, the words “established and” were removed.
After the second Public Hearing on the Charter for the City of Essex Junction on October 12, 2021, the Village Trustees revised the Charter. The following revisions were made:
• On page 3, in section 107, in the first sentence:
- The sentence previously read “During the transition period, the City Council shall hire a City Manager.”
- the words “During the transition period,” were removed.
- the lower case “t” was changed to an upper case “T” in “The”
- the word “hire” was replaced with “employ”
- The sentence now reads “The City Council shall employ a City Manager.”
An official copy of the proposed charter is on file and available for public inspection at the Clerk’s Office at 81 Main Street, Essex Junction, VT. Copies will be made available upon request. The Clerk’s Office is open Monday-Friday, from 7:30a.m.-4:30p.m.
A copy of the charter can be found online here: https://www.essexjunction.org/proposed-charter.