City Clerk & Treasurer
The Clerk/Treasurer maintains City records (meeting minutes, ordinances, insurance claims) and collects all payments due to the City (water, sewer, and tax payments).
- Marriage Licenses - Please complete the application before coming to the office. If possible, please arrive with the completed application no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Dog Licenses - May be completed in person or by mail or email
- Liquor Licenses - Liquor license information
- Voter Registration - apply in person or online at https://olvr.vermont.gov/
- Automobile Registrations - for a $3 fee we will mail your check and renewal form to the DMV and issue a temporary registration. You can also renew your registration online at State’s online renewal.
- Taxes or Water & Sewer - Pay in person during office hours or by check in the mail or dropbox (no cash in dropbox). Payments may also be made online
- Certified copies of birth & death records for any Vermont resident- Please complete the attached application before coming to the office with payment and ID. Application form
- Certified copies of marriage licenses – Obtain copies from the town/city where the license was issued.
- Land Records: Appointments are no longer required for title searches. Office hours are 8:00-4:30 M-F (except holidays).
- Notary services - during normal business hours (note: we do not notarize real estate documents or anything to do with identity, such as passports, I-9s, etc., for liability reasons).
- Green Mountain Passports - a lifetime pass to Vermont State Parks for Vermonters age 62 and older and Vermont Veterans of the uniformed services (please review the Passport information - applicant must appear in person at the clerk’s office, with ID to complete the application and receive the passport).