Main content

City Clerk & Treasurer

The Clerk/Treasurer maintains City records (meeting minutes, ordinances, land records, marriage licenses) and collects all payments due to the City (water, sewer, and tax payments).

Now open to the public 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (except holidays).

Services Provided:

  • Marriage Licenses - Please complete the application before coming to the office. If possible, please arrive with the completed application no later than 4:00 p.m. 
  • Dog Licenses - May be completed in person or by mail or email
  • Liquor Licenses - Liquor license information
  • Voter Registration - apply in person or online at
  • Automobile Registrations - for a $3 fee we will mail your check and renewal form to the DMV and issue a temporary registration.  You can also renew your registration online at State’s online renewal.

Contact Information

City Clerks Office
802-878-6944 Option 7​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Susan McNamara-Hill
802-878-6944  EXT: 1623

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Dan Brown
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Assistant Clerk
​​​​​​​802-878-6944  EXT: 1624

  • Taxes or Water & Sewer - Pay in person during office hours or by check in the mail or dropbox (no cash in dropbox). Payments may also be made online 
  • Certified copies of birth & death records for any Vermont resident- Please complete the attached application before coming to the office with payment and ID.  Application form
  • Certified copies of marriage licenses – Obtain copies from the town/city where the license was issued. 
  • Land Records: Appointments are no longer required for title searches.  Office hours are 8:00-4:30 M-F (except holidays). Check out our online Land Record Index​​​. Copies from the web are $3.50/page; in-office copies are $1/page. 
  • Notary services - during normal business hours (note: we do not notarize real estate documents or anything to do with identity, such as passports, I-9s, etc., for liability reasons).
  • Green Mountain Passports - a lifetime pass to Vermont State Parks for Vermonters age 62 and older and Vermont Veterans of the uniformed services (please review the Passport information - applicant must appear in person at the clerk’s office, with ID to complete the application and receive the passport).