Doing Business in Essex Junction
Our municipal government has a proven track record of developing business partnerships that last. Whether your enterprise is large or small, service oriented, retail, or manufacturing, Essex Junction has a blend of assets few other communities can match:
- We are host to GlobalFoundries, the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint.
- We are a transportation hub, with close access to Interstate 89 and Vermont routes 15, 2A, and 117, and Burlington International Airport. Our downtown transportation terminal is a major stop for Amtrak and for Green Mountain Transit.
- We offer a mix of old and new, large and small business properties. Our historic City Center and Pearl Street commercial corridor have had multimillion dollar, federally funded restorations and redevelopment.
- We are home to the Center for Technology, Essex, which is Vermont's largest secondary technical education facility and the Champlain Valley Exposition, Vermont’s largest indoor and outdoor exposition center.
- There are more than 200 small businesses in Essex Junction.
- Our 9,300 City residents live in comfortable, friendly neighborhoods all within walking distance of the downtown.
- Our schools are consistently ranked among the best in the state.
- In addition to GlobalFoundries, many Essex Junction residents are employed by University of Vermont Medical Center, the University of Vermont, Saint Michael's College, General Dynamics, and the State of Vermont.
These factors make Essex Junction a great place to locate your business and/or invest.
- Community Development Department
- Planning Commission
- Development Review Board
- Tax Stabilization Policy
- Tax and Utility Rates
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corp. (GBIC)
Incentives & Assistance
We want to hear from you! Our community development staff is here to help. Give us a call or e-mail and let us establish a partnership that works for you.
Assistant Zoning Administrator