Branch Out Burlington: Branch Out Burlington! promotes a vision of a city graced by a variety of beautiful and healthy trees, and a citizenry actively involved with the perpetual expansion and preservation of our urban forest.
Vermont Urban & Community Forestry: To lead citizens, businesses, and governments in understanding the value of urban and community forests and to promote civic responsibility for and participation in the stewardship of these resources for this and future generations.
Arbor Day Foundation: The Arbor Day Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit conservation and education organization. A million members, donors, and partners support our programs to make our world greener and healthier.
Agency of Natural Resource's Atlas Tool (for viewing state-wide tree inventory results)
Directions for use
- Using Explorer of Safari (Chrome does not work) go to the Agency of Natural Resource's Atlas Tool.
- Zoom in to a town whose public trees have been inventoried using our tool; the layer won't show up until zoomed in pretty close.
- In the pane on the left of the screen click for the "map layers" tab at the bottom.
- Expand the "Forests, Parks, & Recreation" heading.
- Click on "Urban Tree Inventory" and the trees should all show up.
- Zoom in and right-click on any individual tree and click on "What's here"; a summary for that tree will show in the left pane of your screen. Click on the summary data for the tree in the left pane and a new window will open with all of the data collected on that tree. There are three tabs "Details", "Attributes", and - if a photo was taken - "Attachments".