Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|Andrew P. Brown, Village Presidentemail@example.com||802-598-8162|
|George A. Tyler, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerinemail@example.com||802-879-8343|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Tammy Getchell or Unified Manager Evan Teich. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees met on Tuesday, July 9. Meeting highlights include:
-Public to be heard.
-The Trustees held a public hearing on FY 2020 water rates.
-The Trustees adopted the FY 2020 utility rates.
-The Trustees adjusted the FY 2020 water fund revenue budget to account for adjustments in large user water sales.
-The Trustees approved a revision to the employee personnel regulations relating to travel reimbursements.
-The Trustees approved the consent agenda, which included the appointment of Kittell, Branagan & Sargent to perform the 2019 audit, a banner request, minutes approval, and check warrants.
The draft official meeting minutes can be found below.
Latest Meeting Minutes
- Trustees Minutes - January 8, 2019 (1.01 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 22, 2019 (204 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 6, 2019 (4.81 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 12, 2019 (0.90 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 26, 2019 (1.15 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 12, 2019 (817 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 12, 2019 (special meeting) (268 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 26, 2019 (813 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 4, 2019 (100 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 9, 2019 (5.48 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 23, 2019 (0.96 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 6, 2019 (joint meeting) (4.23 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 6, 2019 (189 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 14, 2019 (501 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 28, 2019 (2.54 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 28, 2019 (joint meeting) (3.57 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 3, 2019 (5.83 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 11, 2019 (816 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 22, 2019 (119 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 25, 2019 (joint meeting) (61 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 25, 2019 (811 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 2, 2019 (229 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 9, 2019 (873 KB)
Would you like to receive an email when new agendas or minutes are posted?
Subscribe to Document Updates