Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentemail@example.com||802-310-8215|
|Elaine H. Sopchakfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-324-2546|
|Daniel S. Kerinemail@example.com||802-879-8343|
|Lori A. Houghtonfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brown, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-598-8162|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Evan Teich. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Would you like to receive an email when new agendas or minutes are posted?
Subscribe to Document Updates
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees met on June 26. Highlights from the meeting include:
-The Trustees held a Public Hearing on FYE 19 Water/Sewer/Sanitation rates and subsequently set them. Essex Junction continues to have the second lowest rates in Chittenden County.
-The Trustees appointed Kaitlin Hayes to the Planning Commission and Bike/Walk Advisory Committee.
-The Trustees discussed goals and objectives for the Governance Subcommittee. Elaine Sopchak and George Tyler were appointed to the committee.
-The Trustees approved interdepartmental budgetary transfers.
-The Trustees approved the sale of a 1997 E-One Pumper Truck for $40,000.
The draft official meeting minutes can be found below.
- Trustees Minutes - January 9, 2018 (269 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 23, 2018 (226 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 13, 2018 (442 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 27, 2018 (272 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 13, 2018 (340 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 24, 2018 (436 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 27, 2018 (360 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 10, 2018 (434 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 24, 2018 (197 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 25, 2018 (887 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 8, 2018 (308 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 14, 2018 (682 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 17, 2018 (241 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 22, 2018 (322 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 30, 2018 (25 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 4, 2018 (23 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 12, 2018 (340 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 14, 2018 (602 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 26, 2018 (324 KB)