Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|Andrew P. Brown, Village Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-598-8162|
|George A. Tyler, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerinfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-8343|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Tammy Getchell or Unified Manager Evan Teich. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Summary of Last Meeting
The Selectboard and Trustees held a joint meeting on May 14. Meeting highlights include:
1. Essex Police officers Ben Chiaravalle, Kris Remillard, and Bryon Wehman were awarded lifesaving medals.
2. The Boards heard a presentation from Chittenden Solid Waste District (CSWD) Executive Director Sarah Reeves and Essex's CSWD representative Alan Nye on the organization's fiscal year end 2020 budget.
3. The Boards awarded the bid for summer 2019 paving to Engineers Construction, Inc. in the amount of $1,142,391.25.
4. The Boards discussed the schedule of the Governance Subcommittee.
5. The Boards discussed the selection process for a facilitator to engage residents on potential governance structure changes.
6. The Boards discussed the planning process for a June 22 Joint Board Strategic Work Session.
7. The Boards discussed tax equity planning options.
8. The Boards discussed potential joint board work items.
9. The Boards approved the consent agenda, which included the approval of priority locations for electric vehicle charging stations, the approval of a Community Development Department records retention plan, and the approval of minutes from April 9.
The draft official meeting minutes can be found below.
Latest Meeting Minutes
- Trustees Minutes - January 8, 2019 (1.01 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 22, 2019 (204 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 6, 2019 (4.81 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 12, 2019 (0.90 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 26, 2019 (1.15 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 12, 2019 (817 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 12, 2019 (special meeting) (268 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 26, 2019 (813 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 4, 2019 (100 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 9, 2019 (5.48 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 23, 2019 (0.96 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 6, 2019 (joint meeting) (69 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 6, 2019 (191 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 14, 2019 (501 KB)
Would you like to receive an email when new agendas or minutes are posted?
Subscribe to Document Updates
Meeting Agenda and Items