Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-310-8215|
|Elaine H. Sopchak, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-324-2546|
|Daniel S. Kerinfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-8343|
|Lori A. Houghtonemail@example.com||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-598-8162|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Would you like to receive an email when new agendas or minutes are posted?
Subscribe to Document Updates
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees met on Tuesday, October 10. Highlights from the meeting include:
-Tim Shea, Executive Director of the Champlain Valley Exposition, discussed a noise complaint from the Wolfsgart Auto Show.
-Lt. Ken Beaulieu, of the Essex Police Department, discussed a recent incident at Maple Street Park, and resident concerns at the Multi-Use Safety Path.
-The Trustees authorized the transfer of the Roscoe Court main roadway, water distribution, sanitary sewer, and sewage pump station to the Village of Essex Junction for acceptance of municipal infrastructure.
-The Trustees approved a lease with the Essex Westford Community School District #51, which will allow the ACE program to continue at the Park Street School until the end of the 2020 school year.
-The Trustees approved the 2017-2018 Winter Operations Plan.
-Dennis Lutz, Town Engineer/Public Works Director, discussed grant opportunities for storm water improvement projects.
-The Trustees adopted the FYE19 Budgets & Capital Program schedule.
The official meeting minutes can be found below.
- Trustees Minutes - January 10, 2017 (382 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 24, 2017 (306 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 6, 2017 (142 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 14, 2017 (380 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 28, 2017 (418 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 14, 2017 (57 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 28, 2017 (269 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 11, 2017 (448 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 25, 2017 (361 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 9, 2017 (377 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 23, 2017 (315 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 13, 2017 (358 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 27, 2017 (316 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 11, 2017 (381 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 25, 2017 (253 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - August 7, 2017 (142 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - August 24, 2017 (0.9 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - September 12, 2017 (361 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - September 26, 2017 (430 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - October 10, 2017 (355 KB)