Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentemail@example.com||802-310-8215|
|Elaine H. Sopchak, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-324-2546|
|Daniel S. Kerinemail@example.com||802-879-8343|
|Lori A. Houghtonfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownemail@example.com||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees met on July 12th. Highlights from the meeting are as follows:
-A public hearing on potential updates to the Land Development Code was held.
-Eric Bowker was reappointed to the Bike/Walk Advisory Committee, and Bruce Murdough was reappointed to the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
-The final note renewal for the fire department ladder truck was approved and signed.
The meeting can be viewed in full here: https://www.cctv.org/watch-tv/programs/essex-junction-trustees-153.
- Trustees Minutes - January 12, 2016 (366 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 26, 2016 (332 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 9, 2016 (288 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 16, 2016 (270 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - February 23, 2016 (354 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 8, 2016 (170 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 14, 2016 (115 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 22, 2016 (198 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 12, 2016 (365 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 26, 2016 (374 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 10, 2016 (88 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 24, 2016 (234 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 14, 2016 (335 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 22, 2016 (317 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 28, 2016 (469 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 12, 2016 (290 KB)