Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-310-8215|
|Elaine H. Sopchak, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-324-2546|
|Daniel S. Kerinfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-8343|
|Lori A. Houghtonemail@example.com||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
On Monday, July 25th, the Board of Trustees held a joint meeting with the Village Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Highlights from the meeting are below:
-Karyn Roberts, of 28 Lamoille Street, expressed concerns about a Planned Residential Development at 32 Lamoille Street.
-The three boards gathered to discuss the Thoughtful Growth in Action Final Report & Recommendations. No action was taken at this time.
-The FYE17 Village tax rate was set at $.2289 per $100 assessed property value. This is a 3.25% decrease from last year.
- Trustees Minutes - January 12, 2016 (366 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 26, 2016 (332 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 9, 2016 (288 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 16, 2016 (270 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - February 23, 2016 (354 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 8, 2016 (170 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 14, 2016 (115 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 22, 2016 (198 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 12, 2016 (365 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 26, 2016 (374 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 10, 2016 (88 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 24, 2016 (234 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 14, 2016 (335 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 22, 2016 (317 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 28, 2016 (469 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 12, 2016 (290 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 25, 2016 (416 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - August 9, 2016 (495 KB)