Road Construction in the Village
Please be advised the week beginning April 17, 2017 the Vermont Agency of Transportation in conjunction with Frank W. Whitcomb Construction Corporation will begin construction work in Essex Junction. The anticipated completion date is the end of August, 2017.
This project will consist of grinding of the existing pavement, placing two courses of new pavement, drainage and manhole structure adjustments, pedestrian crosswalk improvements, new signs, new line markings and other incidental items. Motorists should expect traffic flow to be maintained with traffic control present allowing for alternating one lane of traffic.
Below is the project limits with the hours of operations that the work will be completed in the listed area:
Route 2A - Park Street:
· Winooski River Bridge to Mill Street 6:00pm to 6:00am
· Mill Street to the 1st set of RR tracks 8:30am to 10:00pm
· 2nd set of RR tracks to Lincoln Place 10:00pm to 6:00am
· Lincoln Place to 200' past North Street 8:30am to 10:00pm
Note: There will not be any work between the 2 sets of railroad tracks.
Route 15 - Pearl Street:
· Susie Wilson Road east to Post Office Square 6:00pm to 6:00am
Work within this section includes milling, paving, new pavement markings from West Street Ext. to Post Office Square; New pavement markings from West Street Ext. to Susie Wilson Road; New railroad crossing installed at West Street Ext.
Route 15 - Main Street:
· 5 Corners intersection north to Church Street 10:00pm to 6:00am
· Church Street to the Village/Town line 8:30am to 10:00pm
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding the project may contact Stephanie Barrett, Public Relations Officer at 802-862-6085. If you would like to receive a weekly update of the contractors anticipated work schedule please email sbarrett@ your request. For daily updates on the project go to coibsinc.comwww.countonitinc.com.