The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
|Andrew P. Brown, Village President||abrown@ essexjunction.org||802-598-8162|
|George A. Tyler, Vice President||gtyler@ essexjunction.org||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerin||dkerin@ essexjunction.org||802-879-8343|
|Raj Chawla||rchawla@ essexjunction.org|
|Amber Thibeault||athibeault@ essexjunction.org|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6951 and speak to either Tammy Getchell or Unified Manager Evan Teich. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
- 04-02-2020 Special Meeting Agenda & Packet (remotely online, based from 81 Main St.)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be held remotely. All members of the public are encouraged to join the meeting using one of the available options below:
The meeting will begin at 6:30PM. Please join a few minutes early.
- The meeting will be live-streamed on Channel 17 YouTube.
- Join via Microsoft Teams https://tinyurl.com/Trustees040220. Depending on your browser, you may need to call in for audio (below).
- Join via conference call (audio only): (802) 377-3784 | Conference ID: 942 351 129#
- For the purpose of recording minutes, you will be asked to provide your first and last name.
- When listening to the meeting, please keep your phone or computer on “mute” to prevent interruptions during the meeting. During agenda items when the public has an opportunity to speak, please unmute your phone or computer and introduce yourself before requesting the floor from the Board President.
Essex Administration encourages everyone to follow CDC and Department of Health social distancing recommendations. Thank you for understanding that these are unusual times, requiring precautions for public safety and health.
Would you like to receive an email when new agendas or minutes are posted?
Subscribe to Document Updates