Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentemail@example.com||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerin, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-8343|
|Elaine H. Sopchakemail@example.com||802-324-2546|
|Lori A. Houghtonfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownemail@example.com||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees had a regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, July 28, at which time the Trustees:
- Approved a donation of $200 to VFW Post 6689 for the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Fund Traveling Wall Project.
- Approved and signed a note renewal for the Fire Department's ladder truck.
- Set the FYE 16 Village tax rate at $0.2366 per $100 of assessed value.
- Approved the appointment of 28 people to the Thoughtful Growth in Action Working Group.
- Reappointed Andrew Brown and Rick Hamlin to the Capital Program Review Committee.
- Approved the addition of Bennington Battle Day to the holiday schedule.
- The consent agenda was approved as presented.
You can watch this meeting on Channel 17/Town Meeting Television, at the following times:
Tuesday, August 4 at 8:00 PM
Wednesday, August 5 at 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM
You can watch the meeting online by clicking here
- Trustees Minutes - January 6, 2015 (13.2 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 13, 2015 (57 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 27, 2015 (36 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 10, 2015 (479 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 24, 2015 (327 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 10, 2015 (313 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - March 24, 2015 (547 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - April 14, 2015 (493 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 28, 2015 (550 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 4, 2015 (2.0 MB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 12, 2015 (347 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 26, 2015 (597 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 9, 2015 (303 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - June 23, 2015 (496 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - July 14, 2015 (324 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - July 28, 2015 (193 KB)