The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentemail@example.com||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerin, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-8343|
|Elaine H. Sopchakemail@example.com||802-324-2546|
|Lori A. Houghtonfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownemail@example.com||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
The Village Trustees had a regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, July 22nd. Highlights from the meeting are as follows:
• Several wastewater documents were reviewed and approved;
• A proposed ordinance from the Joint Stormwater Coordinating Committee was approved;
• The fire truck renewal note was approved and signed;
• The 2014 Draft Comprehensive Plan was reviewed and minor edits were made;
• Documents related to the administration of bond proceeds were approved;
• Lori Houghton was appointed to the Recreation Advisory Committee;
• Alan Nye was appointed to the CSWD Board of Commissioners;
• A donation of $500 to the Children’s Summer Lunch Program was approved;
• The FYE15 paving bid was awarded to SD Ireland;
• The Village tax rate was set at $.2830 per $100 assessed value;
• The Village/Town Shared Services report was discussed, and it was determined that the Trustees would schedule a joint meeting with the Selectboard to further review this document;
• The Trustees were updated on the status of the Town office building.
You may watch the meeting on-line by clicking here:
- Trustees Minutes - January 14, 2014 (534 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 28, 2014 (513 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 11, 2014 (679 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 25, 2014 (295 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 4, 2014 (113 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 11, 2014 (231 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 25, 2014 (202 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 8, 2014 (196 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 2, 2014 (79 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 29, 2014 (286 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 13, 2014 (552 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 27, 2014 (51 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 10, 2014 (490 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 24, 2014 (139 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 8, 2014 (149 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 22, 2014 (480 KB)