Board of Trustees
The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
Board Members & Contact Information
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerin, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-879-8343|
|Elaine H. Sopchakfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-324-2546|
|Lori A. Houghtonemail@example.com||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
Meeting Agenda and Items
Summary of Last Meeting
The Village Trustees had a regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, April 28th. Highlights from the meeting are as follows:
· Kevin Collins was interviewed and appointed to the Capital Program Review Committee.
· Newly re-elected Trustees Elaine Sopchak and Andrew Brown took an Oath of Office.
· George Tyler was re-elected as Board President, and Dan Kerin was re-elected as Vice-President.
· CSWD Representative Alan Nye gave a report to the Board.
· Tom Moreau, CSWD General Manager, gave a budget presentation, and the Trustees approved the CSWD FY16 budget.
· The Local Emergency Operations Template was approved.
· Town Planner Greg Duggan gave a presentation outlining the process to determine the future of planning & zoning in the Town and Village.
· The Design Five Corners Final Report was accepted. The report can be viewed and commented on here: http://www.essexjunction.org/news/item/a-vision-for-the-village-center/.
· The Motor Vehicle Ordinance was discussed.
· The Essex Governance Group final report was discussed. The report can be viewed here: http://heartandsoulofessex.org/about-2/essex-governance-group/.
· The Trustees authorized staff to renew its Village Center Designation.
· Robin Pierce, Community Development Director, gave an update on the work being done at 4 Pearl Street.
· Amendments to the Fringe Benefit Policy for Village employees were approved.
· Bids for the Main Street Drainage Enclosure Project and the Hillcrest Drainage and Waterline Improvements Project were awarded.
- Trustees Minutes - January 6, 2015 (13.2 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 13, 2015 (57 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 27, 2015 (36 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 10, 2015 (479 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 24, 2015 (327 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 10, 2015 (313 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - March 24, 2015 (547 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - April 14, 2015 (493 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - April 28, 2015 (550 KB)