The Essex Junction Trustees is the governing, legislative body for the Municipality of the Village of Essex Junction. The five-member board is elected at large within the Village. After each Annual Meeting, one of the Trustees is elected by the other Trustees to the office of Village President. The Village President is the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and presides at the Trustee meetings. The three-year terms of the Trustees are staggered to provide continuity.
|George A. Tyler, Village Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-310-8215|
|Daniel S. Kerin, Vice Presidentemail@example.com||802-879-8343|
|Elaine H. Sopchakfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-324-2546|
|Lori A. Houghtonemail@example.com||802-879-6701|
|Andrew P. Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org||802-876-7555|
The Village Trustees welcome your questions, concerns and suggestions. Please feel free to contact any Trustee at the email or phone number listed on this page.
Please be aware that the Trustees are not able to respond to emails as a group. If you send an email to all five Trustees, it is mostly likely you will receive a response from only one Trustee. This is because there are laws that prevent elected officials from conducting business outside of a public meeting. Responding to a group email is an example of this.
If you wish to discuss a concern with the entire Board of Trustees, the best way to do this is either to contact the Village Manager to have your concern placed on an upcoming meeting agenda, or to attend a Board of Trustees meeting and address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
To put an item on a Board agenda, call the Village office at 878-6944 and speak to either Patty Benoit or Village Manager Pat Scheidel. To speak to the Board of Trustees at a meeting, be there when the meeting starts (usually at 6:30 p.m.) Immediately after the Pledge of Allegiance, the Village President will ask the audience if anyone wants to speak about something that isn't on the agenda. That's when you can bring up your concern.
The Village Trustees has a regularly scheduled meeting on September 9th. Highlights from the meeting are as follows:
· The Shared Services Assessment Study was accepted. This is available for review on the Village website.
· A mission statement for interdepartmental collaboration was reviewed and accepted.
· The bid for the School Street Reconstruction Project, in the amount of $440,477, was awarded to Don Weston Excavating Inc.
· The bid for a new sidewalk plow, in the amount of $100,500, was awarded to H.P. Fairfield LLC.
· The bid for the Lincoln Hall Roof, in the amount of $28,889, was awarded to Reap Construction.
The minutes of the meeting can be viewed here: http://www.essexjunction.org/boards/board-of-trustees/
The full meeting can be viewed here: http://www.cctv.org/watch-tv/programs/essex-junction-trustees-119
- Trustees Minutes - January 14, 2014 (534 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - January 28, 2014 (513 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 11, 2014 (679 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - February 25, 2014 (295 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 4, 2014 (113 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 11, 2014 (231 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - March 25, 2014 (202 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 2, 2014 (79 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 8, 2014 (196 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - April 29, 2014 (286 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 13, 2014 (552 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - May 27, 2014 (51 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 10, 2014 (490 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - June 24, 2014 (139 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 8, 2014 (149 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - July 22, 2014 (480 KB)
- Trustee Minutes - August 12, 2014 (233 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - August 22, 2014 (100 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - August 26, 2014 (572 KB)
- Trustees Minutes - September 9, 2014 (169 KB)